Friday, April 18, 2014

A New Frontier: Transitioning My Blog to the Mothership

A New Frontier: Transitioning My Blog to the Mothership
Why I am adding my voice to the thought leadership community at Hay Group

http://momentumbooks.com.au/
Those of you who follow me may have wondered over the last couple months, "Where's Hazen?" Well, I've been thoroughly engaged in my new job in my new organization (yay!). I'm working now as a Senior Consultant in the employee engagement practice at Hay Group, a global HR consulting firm.

When asked about why I joined Hay Group, I jokingly respond that it's like the "mothership" found me. What I mean by this is that Hay Group is doing some of the best thinking in this space of any firm out there. I work with thought leaders who's approach to engagement is scientifically rigorous, conceptually aligned with mine and totally focused on helping organizations perform better as a result of engagement. My supervisor literally co-wrote the book the Enemy of Engagement, which lays out Hay Group's framework. (He is, maybe not surprisingly, an amazing manager.)

The Employee Effectiveness model and scale that comprise Hay Group IP is distinct from my dissertation research for sure, but it's conceptually aligned in looking at a broader set of ideas than positive emotion and discretionary effort when discussing engagement. More importantly, the practical implications of what I do in my new role and what I have been doing in this blog are the same: I am offering perspectives to help leaders turn employee engagement into better business results.

For that reason, after some serious consideration, I have decided to cease blogging independently for now.

Going forward, you will be hearing from me as part of the Hay Group thought leadership community, and you can read my blog posts on: http://blog.haygroup.com/

Thanks to everyone for participating in this conversation with me over the last 12 months, and I look forward to hearing from you on haygroup.com and Linked In!

Best regards,
Dr. Hazen Witemeyer


No comments: